(Photos by Alison Houpt)
Ever been to a concert at the Dallas Arboretum? If you haven’t, you need to! I had a blast yesterday seeing all the flowers in bloom for Spring (even though it was about 45 degrees!). The Spazmatics didn’t show for their sold out show but, we still had a great time!
Want to look great in pictures? I know I do! Refinery29 never does me wrong when it comes to advice. Recently, they gave some great tips on how to fake a good photo and I couldn’t help sharing – Enjoy!
- Wear a Blue-Red Lipstick – The shade makes your teeth look whiter and instantly makes your smile brighter.
- Avoid the Hand on the Hip – I know it is always an instinct to pose. Instead keep your shoulders back and hold your arms slightly bent and away from the body. It has the same affect without looking like you are trying so hard.
- Work an Angle – It’s hard to look good in a photo head on. Tilt your chin at an angle and elongate your neck. You will immediately see the difference.
- Stand Out – Pick a bold color or a graphic print with a clean shape. It will really help you stand out in a crowd.
- Don’t Forget the Blush – Blush will make you look healthier and bring color to your face. Be sure to avoid glitters and shimmers, they will catch more light and look less natural.
- Cross your Leg – Bending the leg at the knee can break up the length of your leg. Instead, keep your legs straight, cross the ankles and point the toe at an angle to extend the long line.
- Take a Seat – When taking a picture while seated, turn your knees to an angle to make your legs appear longer.
Images via Style.com
Take a look at Alexander Wang’s collection for Balenciaga. It’s pretty Major!
Photo via Olsens Anonymous
I have been a fan of Mary Kate and Ashley since I was young (“Brother for Sale” anyone?). Now I appreciate the Olsen twins so much more for their unique fashion sense and their amazing lines The Row and Elizabeth and James. I’m glad their younger sister, Elizabeth, has the fashion gene as well! I always love seeing pictures of Elizabeth Olsen on the red carpet or on the street. She has such a great laid back look. To stalk the Olsen’s style (like I do), check out one of my favorite blogs Olsens Anonymous!
DVF Lips Clutch: $445
I am always on the look out for a new clutch, since I use them all the time. I am currently coveting this DVF Lips Snake Skin Clutch! It is so different and would go perfectly with an all black outfit or you can use it for a bit of color blocking in your outfit!
All Images via Harper’s Bazaar
I might not have been impressed with the Oscars last night, but the Oscar fashions are a whole other story! I didn’t see many dresses that I didn’t love on the red carpet! Many trends were represented – celebs wore white or pastels (Charlize, Jennifer, Amanda, Amy, Anne and Zoe), bright colors (Reese, Jennifer, Jane and Kerry) and metallics (Naomi, Jessica, Katherine and Nicole). Also, there were trends in designers with many choosing Armani Prive and Dior Couture. Above are my favorites from the night. Who do you think wore it best?